- 4 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 pound of strawberries, diced
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 pound of baby spinach leaves, rinsed but not dried
Preheat your oven to a setting of 350°F. Place the salmon onto a baking sheet and sprinkle it with some lemon zest. Bake it for 15 to 18 minutes or until it is cooked through.
Meanwhile, place the strawberries, kiwi, the cucumber, jalapeño, mint and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a medium bowl and toss it until it is combined. Set it aside. Heat a large, high-sided skillet over a medium heat. Add in the spinach, with the water still clinging to the leaves, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until it is wilted, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining lemon juice. Divide the spinach among plates. Top off with salmon and the salsa and serve.
Recipe inspired by Whole Foods recipe
Photo: Annie’s Eats